RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 is generally available today. This release offers all of the features and functionality of Authentication Manager 8.0 now on a hardware appliance. This latest version release also includes new features and enhancements that protect your customers’ investments in the platform, helps to lower operating and system management costs, and expands use cases for authentication.
Some of the new features of 8.1 include:
- Two new hardware appliance platforms which allow deployment in data centers without need for virtualization capabilities.
- Support for Mixed Deployments of hardware and virtual AM 8.1 appliance platforms.
- Remote Factory Reset, which allows a remote hardware appliance to be reset while keeping network settings, allowing it to be redeployed remotely.
- Promotion for Maintenance, allowing a Replica to be promoted to the Primary while keeping the old Primary as a Replica.
- Multi-NIC support, allowing administration and authentication on two separate networks.
- A full kit upgrade is available for existing Appliance 3.0 (running AM 7.1) boxes in the field so your customers can migrate their already deployed appliances to the AM 8.1 release. Note: Exceptions may apply for earlier Appliance 3.0 boxes purchased before May 2010.
- Note: This release is available as a Virtual Appliance using the Open Virtualization Standard Format or as a hardware appliance. Please note that this release is not available on software operating systems.
Upgrading to Authentication Manager 8.1:
- Supported platforms for a migration to AM 8.1 include the RSA SecurID Appliance 3.0 (R210 and R700 platforms). The RSA SecurID Appliance 2.0 (supporting the 6.1 release) does not support AM 8.1
- Upgrading to AM 8.1 is supported directly from either RSA Authentication Manager 6.1.x or RSA Authentication Manager 7.1 SP4. However, as noted above, the RSA SecurID Appliance 2.0 platform does not support the AM 8.1 release, so customers on the 6.x release who wish to run an appliance are encouraged to acquire one of the two new Appliances offered in this release.
- Upgrade to RSA Authentication Manager 8.1 directly from RSA Authentication Manager 8.0 is not yet supported, but will be supported in an upcoming release.